The Natural Remedy for PMS Symptoms
Today, I want to share a wonderful discovery I made. It’s called The Period Vitamin and it provides natural relief for period pains that so many of us experience over and over again. Be sure to check out their website for more info or to order yours today. Your body will thank you!
What Is It?
Long story short, I have suffered from monthly headaches for decades. Doctors always told me it was just “the nature of the beast” or whatever. At one point I even went on birth control to get rid of the monthly migraines. Recently, I searched Google for “headache relief” and something new came up – The Period Vitamin. What?! A daily vitamin that uses herbs and botanicals to naturally combat period pain? Sounded like just what I needed, so I clicked through, read their info, did another Google search for “period vitamin reviews”, and then ordered! The first month I took it – no headaches! Seriously! If you suffer from monthly headaches or other period pain, read on!
Who They Are
One thing I love about The Period Vitamin is that it is a company of women. No offense to the best male doctors, but they have never experienced a period. Reading or hearing about symptoms is not the same as experiencing them, so I Iiked that it was “by women and for women” as their website says. They were founded in 2008, so they’ve been around a little while, which I also like.
Natural Relief for Period Pain
One of my favorite parts about The Period Vitamin is that it has no preservatives and no synthetic ingredients. More and more I try to avoid synthetic chemicals. Whether it is in medicine, cleaners, vitamins, deodorant, whatever, I just don’t want them in or on my body. Or around my family. For this reason, I love The Period Vitamin’s commitment to provide symptom relief naturally. Some of the symptoms their website bloating, fatigue, headaches, cramping, and irritability. Here are the herbs and botanicals they include and the symptoms they target:
- evening primrose– reduces irritability, depression, cramping, and breast tenderness
- chasteberry – balances hormones, decreases breast pain, helps alleviate acne related to PMS , headaches, and mood swings
- cranberry – This was included to help prevent urinary tract infections, which can be very common in women
- white willow bark – It surprised me to read that this pain reliever is the natural form of the chemical in aspirin. It treats acute and chronic pain, headaches, cramps, and lowers levels of prosaglandins
- red raspberry – filters excess hormones out of blood stream, shrinks swollen tissue(bloating), and relieves muscle spasms(cramping)
- black cohosh – This plant is actually classified as medicine in Germany! It is anti-spasmodic, reduces cramps, hot flashes, swelling, headaches, and irritability.
The Period Vitamin also contains vitamins and minerals that women need such as vitamins C, E, A, iron, calcium, and more. The women behind it have really done a great job creating a vitamin tailored to women!
I always got a few days of headaches around “that time”. The first month I started taking the Period Vitamin – no headaches. Not. One. Super exciting! If you experience any negative symptoms on your monthly cycle, I strongly suggest you try the Period Vitamin. It’s time to get your life back!